Attention Bethany Alumni!
Have you started a new job, received a promotion or were you recently married? Have you expanded your family with the birth of a new baby? We want to know what you’ve been up to. Please forward your news to the Office of Alumni & Parent Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the online form. We will publish the information in the Class Notes section of an upcoming issue of Bethany Today.
Give to Bethany College From Your IRA
Thanks to recent legislation, donors aged 70-and-a-half or older are once again eligible to “roll over” up to $100,000 from their IRAs directly to qualified charitable organizations, such as Bethany College, without having to pay income taxes on the transfer. There are two special provisions:
1) Qualified distributions made by Feb. 1, 2013, may be counted retroactively for the 2012 tax year.
2) A taxpayer who took a distribution from an IRA in December 2012 may make a contribution to a qualified charity before Feb. 1, 2013 and consider this a direct transfer.
If you qualify for an IRA rollover, visit the Bethany College planned-giving website for more information.
For more information on making any gift to Bethany College, please contact the Bethany College Office of Institutional Advancement at 304-829-7723.
Bethany Alumni Association Now Accepting Nominations for Alumni Awards
The Bethany College Alumni Association is now accepting nominations for the annual Alumni Awards. Award recipients are selected by the Internal Affairs Committee of Alumni Council from nomination forms submitted by alumni and friends of Bethany. Recipients will be honored at a banquet during Alumni Weekend festivities slated for May 3-May 5, 2013. To view the award categories and to access a nomination form, visit: www.bethanywv.edu/alumni/alumni-awards/.
Nominations should be submitted to the Office of Alumni & Parent Relations no later than February 11, 2013. Nominations can be sent via email to email@example.com, by fax to (304) 829-7223 or by mail to Erickson Alumni Center, Bethany College, Bethany, WV 26032.
Bethany Accepting Nominations for Alumnus of the Year Award
The Alumnus of the Year Award was established by the Office of the President to recognize outstanding loyalty and accomplishment by alumni of Bethany College. The award recognizes not one achievement, but is reserved for those who have attained and maintained excellence throughout their career and in their service to others.
- Must hold a degree from Bethany College.
- Must demonstrate outstanding professional accomplishment and personal deeds on behalf of Bethany College.
- Nominations may come from all constituency groups of the College. Nominations should be sent to:
Office of the President
Bethany, WV 26032
- Nominations should be made in the form of a formal letter detailing the strengths of the nominee.
- The Director of Alumni and Parent Relations & President's Cabinet will serve as the screening committee for the award.
- The President of the College will choose the recipient.
Save the Date: Florida!
Bethany College Alumni and Friends in the Florida area will have four opportunities to attend a reception with President Scott D. Miller in late January. Please save the dates and make plans to join us in:
Tampa/St. Pete, Fla.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Marchand’s Bar & Grill at the Vinoy Renaissance
11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Estero Country Club at the Vines
Save the Date! Bethany Announces Homecoming 2013
We hope you can join us for Homecoming 2013 slated for September 27-28, 2013.
Join Bethany’s LinkedIn Group!
Bethany College has an alumni group on LinkedIn. The Bethany College Alumni-Bethany, West Virginia group is to help with networking and connecting alumni. The group also includes 20 subgroups that cover a variety of professional fields that alumni can join. Click here (http://goo.gl/hGD0Y ) to join this group and start connecting with other Bethanians.