Bethany College is a residential college and, as such, all students are required to live in College owned housing or for members of Beta Theta Pi, in their privately owned fraternity houses. Residential students are expected to be on a board plan. Exceptions may be made if one or more of the following conditions apply:
1. The student commutes from the address of parents or legal guardians
2. The student is a ninth semester senior.
3. The student is participating in student teaching (only during the applicable semester)
4. The student is 23 years of age or older.
5. The student is married or has dependent children
6. The student is registered on a part time basis (under 12 credit hours)
Period of Occupancy:
Except for graduating Seniors, students may occupy their assigned College housing unit from the date designated as the official opening of the residence halls to 24 hours after their last final exam. Specific dates of orientation, registration, comprehensive exams and commencement will be announced each year on the academic calendar. Additionally, students must vacate their residence hall during periods of vacation (Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring breaks). An exception is made for graduating seniors, who are permitted to remain in residence until 8pm the day of Spring commencement.