International Studies Overview & Goals
Although housed in the History and Political Science Department, the International Studies major draws classes and perspectives from many different departments.
Whether students see themselves working in trade, politics and diplomacy, nonprofit and humanitarian work, or intercultural exchange, an international studies major at Bethany will give them the tools they need to engage our world and to make a difference in it.
The international studies major allows students to follow their own interests with a flexible design. Within the program, students choose a foreign language, and either a social sciences or humanities track. Each path includes courses from a variety of fields.
- To inspire a lifelong interest in a broader world.
- To prepare students for entry-level positions in international fields.
- To prepare students with a solid educational foundation for post-graduate education.
- Students will explore social, policy, economic, and environment issues in a global world.
- Students will gain the skills needed for entry-level positions.
- Students will be able to identify opportunities after graduation.
- Students will explore international studies in social sciences and humanities.
International Studies (Major)