It’s time to step up to your future!
Whether you’ve settled on a career path already, or if you’re curious about several possible options, Bethany is where leaders come to discover what their future holds. Bethany students are diverse and come here with their own unique goals, but they ultimately leave here with an understanding of who they are, where their strengths lie, and where they can pursue their ambitions.
You’re a discerning student, heading into a bright and compelling future. And we’re distinctive. At Bethany, you are more than just a student; you become a critical thinker, a good listener—someone who is confident and articulate, and a good citizen to boot. Isn’t that what the world wants? It’s the secret of our alumni’s success. Our lush, inviting campus in the rolling hills of West Virginia is just the place for academic magic to happen. Our dedicated, passionate faculty take the time to understand what you need to find your best success.
Step up to the opportunity. Step up to the challenge. Step up to Bethany.
We will help you discover the next step for you. Check out our online viewbook to see what makes us Distinctive.
Dear Prospective Students and Families,
Having spent my entire career doing admission and financial aid work, I can say that it has been a privilege to assist students and their families as they navigate the process and find their college home. I am passionate about helping people through what is typically an exciting and sometimes confusing and stressful process. But no other year has felt as confusing and uncertain as this one.
As I work from my home, spending my days in virtual meetings and brainstorming ways to stay connected as a staff, as a College, and as a community, my focus is primarily on how Bethany College stays connected to you, our prospective Bethanians. And I am reflecting on the ways your lives have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic that has gripped our world. The disappointment the collective Class of 2020 must feel is palpable as the many celebratory moments you planned to experience this spring are on hold. Please know I feel it, and while I may not know you personally, I feel for you as a collective group.
I also know that spring 2020 is the time that you are to be finalizing your college plans. For the Classes of 2021 and 2022, this may be the time you planned to start your college search. A visit to Bethany College in the spring is like nothing else with the lush green, rolling hills, the sound of athletic contests echoing across the campus, and buds on the trees just starting to blossom. Through the decades, countless numbers of students have experienced taking that first walk through the campus and falling in love with Bethany. I wish you could be here now, but the requirement to remain socially distant is not allowing for our typical visits.
In thinking about the challenges you are facing, and with a sincere desire to assist you in your college search, we at Bethany College have taken some steps to help in these unprecedented times.
- Given the unpredictability of the coronavirus crisis and how it impacts you as a family, we know your intentions about going to college may also now be fluid. We are committed to continuing to accept applications for the Fall 2020 class well into the summer and have created a more streamlined application for you to use if you have not yet applied for admission to Bethany College.
- Given the challenges of not being in your high schools at this time, and with limited access to your school counselor, Bethany College is allowing students to submit self-reported grade point averages to be considered for admission.
- Similarly, given the cancellations or postponements of standardized testing, Bethany College is reviewing applications with or without standardized test scores for domestic students.
- May 1st has traditionally been the national enrollment decision deadline. While we encourage you to make your college choice and submit your enrollment deposit as soon as possible, we are officially extending our recommended enrollment deadline to June 1st, with additional extended grace periods throughout the summer, as needed.
- While Bethany College has been generous and aggressive in awarding scholarships and financial assistance to students who have submitted their FAFSA, we continue to stay committed to doing all we can to assist families with affordability. If you have not yet submitted your FAFSA, please do so as soon as you can so we can extend a generous offer to you. If you have received your financial aid award but are experiencing income changes during this global health crisis, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation.
- And finally, while we cannot host you on campus for a visit, we encourage you to check our campus visit webpage for great videos that show this beautiful place and our active student body. We have provided a way for you to make a virtual appointment with one of our enrollment team members who are here to talk with you, no matter where you are in your college search process. And to further encourage you to connect with us, we are offering our $1,000 per year visit grant to students who “visit” us for the first time, virtually.
As you can see, the Bethany College community is like a family. And family takes care of family. We are here to help take care of you as you go through your college search during a challenging season.
Vice President for Enrollment