Apply Now for Financial Aid
Federal Student Aid has more than $150 billion available to help you pay for school.
Before proceeding with the steps below:
Ensure you are accepted into Bethany College.
Be sure to be eligible for financial aid.
Be in good academic Standing and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Steps to Apply:
- Request, retrieve or reset your (and your parents, if you’re a dependent) Federal Student Aid ID. Your FSA ID lets you “sign” your online FAFSA, access and make corrections to your application information and more. Be sure to keep it safe.
- Collect your parents’ and, if applicable, your income tax returns, Social Security numbers, W-2 form(s), and other records of income and assets. Tax information can be estimated and corrected later if a tax return has not yet been completed.
- Know your school code. Bethany College’s school code is 003808.
- Complete IRS Data Retrieval or Submit IRS Tax Transcript.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after October 1 as possible. You can file on line at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Ensure to complete or submit any edits, corrections or missing items as requested on the FAFSA, which you submit to your college. You completed the FAFSA, what is next?
- If you are selected by the Department of Education, ensure to complete Federal Verification.
- Verification is intended to improve the accuracy of the information submitted on the FAFSA. It is not intended to function like a forensic audit. However, the college financial aid office may not process requests for professional judgment or disburse federal student aid until the verification process is complete.
- Call the Center for Enrollment, Financial Aid at 304.829.7832 if you need assistance or have questions.