Apply Now for Financial Aid
Federal Student Aid has more than $150 billion available to help you pay for school.
Before proceeding with the steps below:
Ensure you are accepted into Bethany College.
Be sure to be eligible for financial aid.
Be in good academic Standing and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Steps to Apply:
- Request, retrieve or reset your (and your parents, if you’re a dependent) Federal Student Aid ID. Your FSA ID lets you “sign” your online FAFSA, access and make corrections to your application information and more. Be sure to keep it safe.
- Collect your parents’ and, if applicable, your income tax returns, Social Security numbers, W-2 form(s), and other records of income and assets. Tax information can be estimated and corrected later if a tax return has not yet been completed.
- Know your school code. Bethany College’s school code is 003808.
- Complete IRS Data Retrieval or Submit IRS Tax Transcript.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after October 1 as possible. You can file on line at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Ensure to complete or submit any edits, corrections or missing items as requested on the FAFSA, which you submit to your college. You completed the FAFSA, what is next?
- If you are selected by the Department of Education, ensure to complete Federal Verification.
- Verification is intended to improve the accuracy of the information submitted on the FAFSA. It is not intended to function like a forensic audit. However, the college financial aid office may not process requests for professional judgment or disburse federal student aid until the verification process is complete.
- Call the Center for Enrollment, Financial Aid at 304.829.7611 if you need assistance or have questions.
Financial Aid Deadlines
Students receiving federal financial aid are required to maintain satisfactory academic performance in order to remain eligible. Learn more about Bethany’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, including how to appeal.
Complete annual FAFSA: October 1
West Virginia PROMISE FAFSA: March 1
PHEAA FAFSA: May 1