3. Know your school code. Bethany College’s school code is 003808.
4. Complete IRS Data Retrieval or Submit IRS Tax Transcript.
5. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after October 1 as possible. You can file on line at fafsa.ed.gov.
6. Ensure to complete or submit any edits, corrections or missing items as requested on the FAFSA, which you submit to your college. You completed the FAFSA, what is next?
7. If you are selected by the Department of Education, ensure to complete Federal Verification.
- Verification is intended to improve the accuracy of the information submitted on the FAFSA. It is not intended to function like a forensic audit. However, the college financial aid office may not process requests for professional judgment or disburse federal student aid until the verification process is complete.
8. Call the Center for Enrollment, Student Financial Services at 304.829.7500 if you need assistance or have questions.
Financial Aid Deadlines
Students receiving federal financial aid are required to maintain satisfactory academic performance in order to remain eligible. Learn more about Bethany’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, including how to appeal.
Complete annual FAFSA: October 1
West Virginia PROMISE FAFSA: March 1
PHEAA FAFSA: May 1