Set Up A Remote Comps Celebration
Even in times of uncertainty, comprehensive examinations and the resulting celebrations of achievement remain the capstone of a Bethany education.
With social distancing and shelter in place in effect for the class of 2020, Bethany is encouraging students to keep the celebratory tradition alive by using Zoom video conferencing.
Bethany is providing photographs of campus building walkways that students can download from the college’s Flickr page. The photos can be used as a customized banner image on Zoom.
To create a Zoom celebration:
- Log into a Zoom account.
- Schedule a meeting (without a password). At the bottom of the setup page, check “enable before host” to allow family and friends to gather before you and “record meeting automatically on local computer.”
- Once the meeting is scheduled, open zmurl.com and click sign on with Zoom and log in.
- Upload a cover photo and create a personalized event name.
- Click “Enter Zoom meeting information manually” and enter the Zoom meeting URL and ID.
- Create a personalized public URL.
- Add your Email.
- Click “Create Event.”
- Let your family and friends know “where” and when to expect you, and when your comps are done, you will be ready to walk right “out” to the cheers of your fans.
For questions regarding how to set up a personal event, email email@example.com.