The department is committed to the prevention of crime and is pro-active in its efforts to prevent any potential problems. Crime prevention services include the following:
- Responding rapidly to all calls for service and emergencies
- Investigating all reported crimes
- Cooperating with the Bethany Police Department and Brooke County Sheriff’s Department.
- Offering a wide variety of crime prevention materials through the Campus Safety Office and the Office of Student Services, including drug and alcohol information and personal security brochures
- Sponsoring a variety of crime prevention and personal safety programs with the Office of Student Services, including RA training, personal safety, fire extinguisher training, CPR, and fire drills
Reporting a Crime
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1990, numerous efforts are made to provide members of the Bethany community with timely information about crime occurring on campus and in nearby areas. These efforts include the following:
- Monthly Report: A comprehensive report of crime-related information is compiled and published each month.
- Annual Report: A comprehensive report of crime-related information is compiled and published each year.
- Crime Statistics Annual Reports
- Special Bulletins: Bulletins presenting special crime-alert information are posted in all buildings on campus whenever warranted by circumstances.
- Student Newspaper: From time to time articles are published in the Bethany College Tower summarizing recent incidents.
Campus Crime Statistics and Awareness
In compliance with the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act,” the Bethany College Department of Safety and Security has provided the following information.
The preceding statistics are College policy violations handled by the Dean of Students Office and its support staff. Student Judicial statistics are also included. Additional information concerning the Student Judicial Code and Violations are provided in the Dean of Students Office.