BETHANY, W.Va. — The Bethany College Communication Department has adopted the theme of “Global Communications” for its 46th annual Communication Week, which is scheduled to run from April 7-13 on the College campus.
The Academic Parlour at historic Old Main will be the site of several evening lectures and panel discussions on April 7-9. Bethany College graduates and other professionals will discuss the many opportunities available to Communication students in the different mediums which span today’s world.
The 46th annual Communication Week will conclude on Sunday, April 13 with an Awards Reception in the Private Dining Room at Benedum Commons in honor of all Communication students. For questions or additional information regarding Communication Week, contact Senior Fellow Krista Holyak at (740) 312-0045.
· 6-7 p.m.: Reception welcoming Keri Brown and the Northern Panhandle Bureau of West Virginia Public Broadcasting to campus
· 7-7:30 p.m.: Matthew Bado ’01 Senior Consultant and Senior Online Analyst for Booz Allen Hamilton in Washington, D.C. discusses Web 2.0 and new media
· 6-7 p.m.: Internship and Job Advice Panel Discussion Featuring Area Alumni (Ashley Dougherty ’05, weather anchor, WTRF-TV; Stefanie Panas ’05, Vice President of Marketing and Communication, Wheeling Chamber of Commerce; Brian Cook ’06, Special Assignments Editor, Sports Writer, Martins Ferry (Ohio) Times Leader)
· 6-7 p.m.: Kelly McGrew ’04, Senior Account Executive from O’Keeffe & Company in Washington, D.C., discusses opportunities in Public Relations and Marketing
· 4-5:30 p.m.: Communication Awards Reception (4-4:45 p.m.: Light snacks and beverages, sharing of campus media projects; 4:45-5:30 p.m.: Awards Presentation)