Please visit our new athletics website,

Bethany Field Hockey Drops Overtime Decision To Oberlin In Season Finale

Nov. 2 - OBERLIN, Ohio - The Bethany College field hockey team dropped a 2-1 overtime decision to Oberlin College on Sunday afternoon.

The Bison took a 1-0 lead late into the first half as Courtney Gill (Little Egg Harbor, N.J./Pinelands Regional) found the back of the net with just 58 seconds remaining in the opening frame. Bethany would take the same lead into the half.

The Green & White controlled the first 35 minutes, outshooting the Yeowomen 8-1 in the opening half. The Bison also held a 3-1 advantage in penalty corners, and did not allow a shot in goal in the half.

Oberlin had their first chance of the second half at the 55:59 mark when Ariana Enzerink took a penalty stroke. However, goalie Courtney Snyder (Bristol, Pa./Bristol) kept the Yeowomen off the board, making the save on the try to keep the Bison up 1-0.

The Yeowomen had their second shot at Snyder with just under three minutes to play in the game. Oberlin was once again awarded a penalty stroke, which was converted by Marueen Coffey, tying the contest at 1-1, and sending the game into overtime.

The Bison had the first chance of the overtime period to end the game, as Latisha Cuffee (Virginia Beach, Va./Green Run) had a shot on net. The Oberlin goalie came up with the save, however, and the game continued. Just one minute later, Oberlin found the net off a penalty corner to finish off the contest, 2-1. The goal was scored by Rachel Zuckerman.

In the contest, the Bison were led Gill, who notched one goal and two points on two shots on goal. Talor Solomon (Beltsville, Md./Elizabeth Seton) peppered the net with five shots on goal while Cuffee finished with two.

Defensively, Snyder made seven saves in net for the Bison, marking her second-highest total of the season.

The Bison finished the season with four victories, marking the most by the program since the team was reinstated in 2012.